View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Massive Turnover in Caesars Palace Staff?

[ QUOTE ]
TJ was hired by Vito just before he (Vito) got kicked out the door and TJ stayed on as a board ops/chip runner after Jim got put into place.

Dunno the circumstances of how TJ got moved up to floor, but I do know a person or two who knew TJ from back East - he used to play in the city and other spots around there and supposedly did a gig at Borgata for awhile.

As far as the lineup thing goes, I know how the lineups were run there, and I know that when Dwight was running the lineup he would veer the crappy dealers away from the "big games" that came in as well, like around All-Star Weekend.

And the the way the lineups were and likely are still put up were crappy as hell from what I've been told. You may have had 4 live games on the night you mentioned, raisebot, but I know there were likely tourney tables littered all over the lineup as well.

The Jason/Rich thing blows my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that I "heard" TJ was a great chiprunner and did indeed work hard when he had that position, so I won't dispute that at all.

Dwight was just a spiteful f*ck. For instance, there could be strings of only two or threeballs, and if you wanted to EO, if he didn't like you, he'd make you stay just to piss you off. And on the flip side, when extremely busy (such as during the WSOP circuit event, when there were 7-10 ball strings, he'd FORCE out the extra board dealers, whether they wanted to stay or leave. If he didn't like you, he'd always do the exact opposite of what you'd prefer, regardless of whether it would help the room, hurt the room, make you happy, or piss you off.

And on that second night of the Miami Heat game, the timeframe I was talking about was after midnight. There were NOT a ton of tourney tables going on at that time. Remember, Caesars only started doing the 5 daily tourneys only recently (after the WSOP). During the WSOP is the only time the 11PM tourney gets pretty big (~80+ players or so at that time). Before and after the WSOP, the WSOP only averages about 30-40 players or so during the week, and this was before they started with 4k in chips, as they do now. The room was NOT busy that 2nd night of the Miami Heat game- I believe it was on a Tuesday since it was one of the bigger Pure Nightclub nights. There were dealers hitting the same shorthanded 1/3 NL games 3 or 4 times, without ever breaking a table all night. From midnight on, I believe there were 2 1/3 games, a single 2/5, and maybe a single limit (3/6 or 4/8) game. The late night tourney action was DEAD, maybe a single table or 2 going. The crazy thing though was they were short on dealers that night, so the strings were fairly long, there was no reason at all that ANYONE should have been denied dealing the 100/200/400 NL game.

For anyone that knows how the Caesars LV strings are, it's obvious they are set up so there can be favorites so certain dealers will get hooked up, and others will get screwed. The dealers rotation isn't anything "standard" like pushing into the next numerical table. The pushes are crap like deal table 1 (1/3 NL)-8 (3/6 FL)-35 (tourney)-3 (3/6 FL) Break, while someone else getting hooked up will have a string like table 21 (2/5 NL), 20 (5/10 NL), 6 (1/3 NL), 22 (2/5 NL), Break, etc

Favorites are definitely seen in the room. And if someone can't deal well, then why are they working there? This is Caesars Palace, not the Plaza. Sub-par dealers shouldn't be working there at all.

And don't get me started on their ratio of extra-board to FT dealers. I wouldn't be too surprised if they are violating labor laws as well.