View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: TCU OWNS the Big 12...

Sammy,

Let's get a tad of perspective here. I respect TCU and how well they play and dominate their conference as well as compete against anyone in the country...no denying this. But let's talk about these 4 games:

#5 OK- This was the first game of the year for OU with and with a first time QB, a guy that was playing WR the very next game b/c HE WAS THAT TERRIBLE. Rhett Bomar starts this game it may be a different story but I don't go by "what if's" so good win TCU you guys really handed it to a great team. Let me ask you one thing though, go back through OU's season last year, can you honestly tell me that the team TCU played in Week 1 was the same as the one in Week 2, or Week 3, or Week 4, and so on and so on until the last game of the year when they beat an excellent Oregon team in the Holiday Bowl? It is even my own personal opinion that Paul Thompson shouldn't be starting this year even and that their big freshman recruit (who is v. good) should get every snap this year.

#22 TT- They simply aren't the same team as of the years past. They beat up on maybe the worst D1 program in the state of Texas in week 1 (SMU) 35-3 but if you think about it, last year and the year before this was a game in which they would have approached the century mark in points and there would have been a thread about why Leach is an [censored] for running up the score blah blah blah. 35-3 is a poor performance against a team like SMU or a Sam Houston State or Texas State...they are all the same. Week two they played a very good second tier D1 school, UTEP. Great program and a tough game knowingly going in but 38-35??? WTF? This TT team just isn't as good as they were in the past, they have always scheduled games early in their schedule in the past in which they could run up the score and then lead the nation in points scored, total offense etc. but they just can't do it anymore...then facing a good team like TCU shows every hole they really have.

Iowa State- "bowl win against an Iowa State team who would've won the Big 12 North if not for injuries"--huh? Winning the North almost doesn't mean anything the last few years, that says a lot coming from a person that went to Nebraska. It is sad considering that the North used to be so strong but there wasn't a good team in that division last year until Nebraska started to come on late, but they didn't have the firepower to come from behind and tied with most of the division for second even though winning more overall games than the rest. To be honest, probably the worst team or the coldest team represented the North in 05', Colorado was terrible at the end of the year. Mainly, that conference was just bad and to brag about beating a 7-5 team from that conference is bad.

Baylor- They aren't returning to anything, especially respectability. Beating this team is expected, the Big XII should just drop them anyway...why even mention this win?

TCU doesn't own the big XII until they go into College Station and win a big game there or beat UT anywhere etc.