View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Blackwater: Did anyone hear this???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The article you link to seems to be taken from the washington post article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...702751_pf.html

Slightly different emphasis hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, that Washington Post piece on Blackwater that is loose with the truth was authored by Steve Fainaru.

And if you know anything about him, factual reporting doesn't run in his family.

His brother is Mark Fainaru-Wada....the SF Chron reporter and author of the Game of Shadows book regarding Barry Bonds....the book that the Pulitzer prize committee shunned immediately and declared to be "not able to be viewed as credible, nor based on factual events."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow RB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be honest, I just gave the Post article a cursory glance, then went back and delved into it deeper after reading your post.

That article truly is complete and utter propaganda. I love the whole "Yea, they're cleared, but they're cleared because the State Department is incompetent, here's why." mentality.

Who is this guy? I don't read the Washington Post, I'm starting to look more into him now. I know you said his brother had been involved in some controversy, but has the writer?