View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Getting there Vs. a Mark

[ QUOTE ]
i think your turn raise is pretty sucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Needs to be bigger?

I don't think that a smooth call vs an avg villain would be too crazy in this spot on the river. Weak leads, a call of a raise and another weak lead just scream FD. If villain weren't 80/7 then we wouldn't be having this conversation as I'd have minimized this cooler. RyanCMU is talking about improving your hand reading, I'm just saying that my spidey sense went off and I wanted to call, but I went with the numbers of this guy being a fish which, in turn, proved my gut right.

With that said, I think Sabr's bet/fold line of a raise of $65 was the most optimal. The hand actually went down like this:
River: ($83) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $91</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $174</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $180.5 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $6.50.

Final Pot: $444

Results below:
CO has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (flush, king high).
Hero has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (flush, queen high).
Outcome: CO wins $444.