View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: No parachute skydiving prop bet?

Yes the 15 seconds is so that you will have reached terminal velocity. With 2 people holding on to each other you will be falling between 180-200 mph. Yes there have been tons of Mr. Bill jumps made (i have done several myself) but they are done by deploying the parachute within a second of leaving the plane. Even then they can become very violent and have a low success rate. In all cases that I know of both people have a parachute except for one low base jump that was done with only one parachute. There have also a few people do chuteless jumps where they jump out with no rig and dock on another person. In all these cases that I know of they have all worn some kind of harness that they clip onto the parachute system that the person is holding for them. But the 2 have not been combined into 1 stunt. I was assuming that they were going to be holding on when they left the plane but if you are talking about the person withthe rig jumping out first and the chuteless one coming out after, well then this is even funnier now.

I think I changed my mind. I saw this done on Point Break so it can be done. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]