View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Waiting to show a good hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a slowroll - I think if it as thinking awhile before calling a river bet with the stone cold nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if someone with the nuts asks you for your chip count when you moved all-in, is that a slow-roll? Seems to me it is,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thees are not slowrolls. The key word here is roll, as in rolling your hand over.

A slowroll is when someone shows a hand and you look disappointed, maybe even say nice hand, then roll over the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are related to slow rolls but probably deserve their own name. Not sure what that name might be. The classic slow roll is as stated...at the showdown, being slow to roll your cards over. These other things are dickish in that they are pointless and serve only to give hope to someone with no chance of winning, and that's basically what the classic slow roll does.

Now I've also seen people get hot under the collar when someone spent a few seconds thinking about calling a large bet with less than the nuts. That's not the same thing...whether it's a nut flush facing a possible 2-card straightflush or a full-house fearing quads, you get to think it through before you call.