View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Female+sexy+skeptic = 1 in a million? // Men are better than wo

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it so hard to meet thinking females? Do they hide from us?

Is it that there's only 1 of them per 100 equally intellectual men?

Personally I think the second is true. (And rational men are hard to come by also) My impression for years (and until a couple of years back) was that this is mostly or only because of social conditioning. But seriously, how long now have girls been averagely better at school/college than men? Yet women don't excel in anything. Yes they're better on average, because men are lazy, but the very best are always men.

For almost ANY activity or career, intellectual or not, among the world's top 100, only 1 or 2 are women, at most (depending on the activity). Even in activities that women proportionally do much more of than men, like say cooking.

It seems girls just don't have that drive to become the best at something like us men do. And from an evolutionary/psychological point of view it makes all the sense in the world. Males have to be the best in order to become the alpha, dominating male. Females will only want the best male (or the best they can get); while females are fine with being only a bit above average level, since each male wants want them all, but they only want 1 male (and that's all the alpha male is willing to tolerate).

The last part isn't necessarily so the way society works now, but in my opinion, natural selection doesn't work fully for human beings anymore. (no need to adapt to the enviroment when you can fully adapt the enviroment to yourself, or nowadays even adapt yourself to the enviroment! In fact the way natural selection works for human beings now, is that almost a lot of different mutations, unfit to the enviroment, will stay alive and probably reproduce too, thus creating a species where most individuals would be a lot different to each other). So I think this info should be included in our genes. Even if natural selection is still working fully, society is advancing much faster; so natural evolution can't be expected to keep up.

However, I don't want to automatically throw out social conditioning as an important cause. For most of the human history until very recently, most women were raised under the concept that they are inferior to men. Even in the past couple of generations, most girls were raised with the objectives of being pretty, painting their fingernails, get a decent job, marry, have kids, etc; but didn't receive the pressure to compete and win that boys receive. From sports to videogames to strategy games to other kinds contests of many kinds.

The only thing I can think of where women seem to excel at more than men is at being beautiful, sexy or otherwise looking good (beauty contests, etc); and I'm not even sure this is true. (however subjective the "ranking" is)

Bottomline is, I think women just aren't competitive. Not nearly as much as men, at least. Both because of genetic/natural selection and social conditioning.

(By the way, if you know any thinking, decent looking girl, feel free to send them my way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the competitiveness but I believe this is the equation female + sexy + skeptic = very rare. For myself I have only found TWO girls ever that fit the criteria and both relationships would never work out due to circumstance.

I have actually tried quantifying this but it is hard to give an exact % of the population that would fit into those 3 categories. I also put Caucasian in because that is my preference, also age, geographical location and they would probably have to be single, which further limits the field.

All in all. They are out there, but are definitely an endangered species.