View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Possibly moving to NYC -- Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neighborhoods - if you are working in the financial district, the upper east side (low 60s through high 80s) is nice and will get you to work in about 15 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me more than 15 minutes to get from E 86th, one block from the express stop, to across the street from Grand Central. If you think a standard UES finance commute is 15 minutes you must own a flying carpet.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font>

People totally lie about their commute times so I always take them with a grain of salt. FWIW I think downtown Brooklyn would be a much cooler place to live if I wanted an easy commute to the downtown financial district, but that's just me.

Evan has a nice place near Battery Park, I'll try to get him to post his thoughts on living there.

[/ QUOTE ]

my commute from my e. 72nd sublet to the financial district last summer was ~45 mins during rush hour; going out downtown nights/weekends would be even worse.

i loved the neighborhood, but there's absolutely no way i would live there with that commute again. if you're working in the wall st area, there's absolutely no reason to live outside of manhattan below 14th st or downtown brooklyn near a subway.

and don't even think about bringing a car.