Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Standard push, right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pushing is +EV

folding is lol, but just raise

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah folding is out of the question. Just found my copy of NLHTP and a push is > folding up to 48ish BBs but the real question is if I want to raise normally.

I feel like I get into a lot of strange situations if he calls the raise due to stack size issues and me not playing well in those situations. I also think that some players are more likely to call some hands that they would fold to a push like JTs.

I'm also afraid he could push ATC over the raise and force me to make wrong laydowns there.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should never raise/fold a pair vs a stack < 20BB

[/ QUOTE ]
If that is the case then I don't see why a regular raise is better than a push. I don't want to induce anything with 22 here so I might as well go for max FE.
But as I said in the OP I'm wondering at what stack size a raise becomes better than a push and what ranges we can put villain on if he pushes over our raise.

I think the bigger the stack size, the more likely a Sklansky-C based push is not the best play.
For the sake of argument, say villain has 40BB and we have 44. Shove is still not exploitable but a raise might be better even if he calls some hands that we prefer him to fold (say JTs again) because we can win with cbetting now and can assume that a repush is a smaller range of hands.