View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this means they don't talk about it a lot or if you think they don't want to see it at all. But either way, a free market does not prevent academic research. So the constant talk about how "profit motive isn't good at incentivizing XYZ, therefore freemarket = fail" is fallacious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say "free market fails." I said "government succeeds". And the point is "academics not necessarily interested in profit succeed".

[ QUOTE ]

Then you sue for damages if you actually incur them. You don't premptively assign an expert to tell us both which tree to plant and bill me for half so you can get a cheap rate on something you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except when my soil is unusable for 30 years, suing you doesn't do much good, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you collect a judgement equal to or greater than the land value it compensates you for your loss. If the people responsible are punsihed for their crime civil or criminal they have not gained.

Government suceeds? You realize government is a collection of people with differant views and motivations that take money by force from its citizens and spends it in ways for which they are unaccountable, don't you? Has governemnt suceeded in education, welfare, poverty, war on drugs, postal service, health care? I am beginning to think you are punking me. Good job.