View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

I truly have to believe my hand is best right now, though extremely vulnerable. I don't think that Q could have helped him unless he had something like Q9 but even then, why check? There's a straight draw and a flush draw out there and he checks to me? If he had any strength here at all and thinks I'm still drawing he simply can't give me a free card.
Seriously, even if he currently has the nuts, I could be on a heart draw and I'll be more than happy to see the river without costing me anything more.

So I have to think he's trying to make a play to confuse into checking, fearing that check raise. He's the one drawing. He's the one who wants a free card. So let's charge him.

We can't give him odds here. This has to be AT LEAST a pot sized bet up to a push all-in. Though I think I like betting half my remaining stack of...what? 1100 at this point? Not only does it not give him odds to draw to whatever it is he's drawing, he doesn't really have the implied odds to call and he knows I'm committed at this point.

His range of hands I put on 88, TT, heart overcards (not including the Q), Ah9x. I just can't see two pair or a set not betting here. Even the 6-8 should be pushing something out into the middle.