View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread

[ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure that any player could apply himself and be making 5 figures a month within 3 months with 20BB buyins

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I don't buy this idea at all. The idea that there are a handful of rules and by following them profit is almost guaranteed is absurd.

Do similar rules exist for fullstacking? In theory I know what I should do but the whole idea of learning poker is to learn to apply information and knowleadge in a playing situation. This is not easy. If it was I would read the best 5 books ever written on poker, memorize them, and be one of the best poker players in the world.

Do you see how absurd this idea is? Similarly it is absurd that for SS'ing there are guidelines and by knowing them makes you great. Even by knowing and learning those guidelines does not guarantee a least bit a winning player.

I don't buy the idea that SS'ing is somehow different from fullstacking in the way that it can be applied to become a winner. I am sorry to tell you guys but there is no Holy Grail, no shortcut to become a winning player.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood the debate.