View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Razz - final tables - theory

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... oddly the short stack is at an advantage because the risk vs reward is less.

[/ QUOTE ]
That confirms a hunch. I usually play short table well, I also think my short stack game is pretty good. Huh. I'm thinking at a Razz final table with the big stack, I might need to play it like a short stack and play the short table more like a full one.

I love a paradox. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of paradoxes in this forum. I think the issue here is not that the short stack has a better chance to win (based on chip count), but has an easier strategy to play so he can negate a small amount of skill advantage the big stack might have. The other thing to bear in mind is that when the play is HU or 3-way in razz, a lot of the points of strategy that are important at full ring are negated too, so it evens the playing field. Also, remember that until you're heads up being chip leader doesn't mean you're likely to win the tournament. If you're the CL 5-handed with 30% of the chips in play, then if the skill of all players were equal you should win 30% of the time. That means you lose 70% of the time, prax [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]