View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Taj 5k, baby flush facing overbet reraise

Warning... completelty incoherent ramblings below. I just tried to think this one out loud and I got a whole lot of nothing.

pzhon,
I actually think that this is a very interesting hand and I am surprised that no one else has chimed in.

To be perfectly honest, my last post was a little bit of a cop out. I thought that push and fold are really close so I added call in there because it was the only choice that I was sure of. Rereading the hand I think this is a definite call though because there is just an enormous range of hands that the SB could be pushing with

The reason why we gotta just stick it all in there (if we don't fold) is because the CO has correct odds to call with the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the flop so we might as well charge him in full. He also could have a straight that will go away if another club falls or he could have a pair and an OESFD that we want to tie him to the pot with.

Also, what is your plan if you call and he calls and another club hits? What if the board pairs? The pot is WAY too big for us to allow ourselves to make a bad fold therefore if we want to play pushing is the only option.

Looking back at the hand I think that I actually like a push over a fold.

I think that it is very likely that the SB has J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] although he also could have a hand like T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or maybe even a smaller flush than ours (or a bigger one)... We know that the BB doesn't have the nut flush because his overbet just doesn't make any sense.

The problem is we have no idea what the CO has either. Since he limped preflop he could be the one with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or he might have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].... Or maybe even the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]....

I have no idea man... their ranges are just enormous.

Rereading this hand I actually think that it is a definite call bc the SB could be pushing with the straight or an OESFD... or he could have a hand that has us drawing dead.

At the table I think that I would just go by my read