View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Sporting troll PLO8Killer

If anyone cares, and since Sports may actually be the forum I visit the most: I think you both make great points. And there's no reason you two can't reach a consensus.

NT! is generally right because there are what would we guess, 80-100 regular posters in Sports? I mean those averaging 15+ posts/week across all sports. And yet there are just 1-2 that constantly push buttons and piss people off. I don't see why it would be so hard to just run PLO8 and Vyse and enjoy the improvement in signal : noise. Remember, BobO was banned for similar crimes against the internet and you have to admit it has been an improvement.

MEbenhoe is right by default because I believe among the non-strat forums (and possibly including them) Sports is the most miserable, bitchy forum on this site except maybe Politics. Which I avoid like herpes so I mean maybe it's much better or much worse, I'm just reacting to the bitchfests that spill into ATF. Thus you're going to have a lot of emotions running high, etc., and to wield the ban stick heavily just seems like it would make things worse, if not way worse.

Obvious solution seems to be to just eliminate the worst of the worst, as this thread's existence is suggesting. And I don't know if NT! was joking or serious about me being a "[censored] troll", but I am probably one of the better, least argumentative posters in the NBA threads, and when it comes to football and baseball I try to stay out of opinionated discussion because for the most part I feel badly outclassed.