View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: AA - Comments please

Ask yourself, what does that minraise preflop actually achieve, aside from getting one extra measly dollar in the pot?

Basically it is almost never right to slowplay unless you can justify the move. Because:

a) by minraising you tip your opponent off that you have a big hand, but without protecting yourself - you have just given a set miner a perfect opportunity to stack you here. You won't get any action post flop unless they have a hand that beats you.

I love it when I get minraised like this because I call with any pair knowing that you almost certainly are ready to stack off if I hit my set, I fold just about everything else and thank you for the cheap warning. I fold flop if I don't hit.

So, if you got stacked by JJ or 55, it serves you right. Next time raise 3-4 times the previous bet.

b) the weak flop bet, as others have said, any draw can just call cheaply here and suck out on you. Hands that raise probably have you beat except maybe KQ or AK if you are incredibly lucky. Small pairs that didn't catch will mostly fold even to your weedy bet.

As played, obviously push but you made this pretty hard for yourself.