View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Considering a Table Purchase

I finished my basement last year and bought a custom-made table as the centerpiece. After doing a lot of searching on the Internet for what I wanted, I bought my table from B&V Poker Tables (www.bvpokertables.com). I was very pleased with the whole process.

First, I dealt directly with one of the owners ("Vic"). He was very responsive throughout the process. He even kept me up-to-date with photos of my table as it was being built.

Second, the final table is great. It's 96" hold-em table. It is cherry-stained, with pedestal legs. Although B&V has a lot of design options, I opted for a race-track design with cupholders, leather rail, and decorative nailhead trim. The playing surface is black/bronze suited speed cloth. You can find pictures of my table on B&V's gallery pages: my table can be found on P.1, No. 3, and P.3, Nos. 2 and 8.

The final price of the table, including shipping, was about $1,500. The table would have been substantially cheaper without the decorative trim, but I really liked that look.

The table gets very good reviews from the players in my home game, and it looks great in my game room.

P.S.: As you are putting together your budget for this project, don't forget about the cost of chairs. When buying a table this nice, you really can't just put folding chairs around it. Expect to spend at least $100/chair, and $150 to $200/chair is more realistic. If you want some suggestion on chairs, feel free to send me a PM.