View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I'm returning to online poker after a one-year absence. I previously used Party, but have just opened an FTP account (total newbie at it - haven't even deposited $ yet), so I apologize if this is a basic question - what's the best way, if any, to generate hand history files from observed hands?

Here's what I do currently:

1. Use SpadeEye to open FTP tables.

2. Have the "save my hand histories" option ticked in FTP.

3. Observed hands are then added gradually to .tmp files in the Full Tilt Poker/Hand Histories folder (I understand from reading other posts that that there is no way to stop the .tmp files from disappearing when the table closes).

4. Have Holdem Manager mine the hands from the Hand Histories folder.

5. I ticked the option in Holdem Manager to move hand history files to another folder.

6. The hand data is in the Holdem Manager DB, but it seems that hand history files are never actually created from observed hands, nor moved anywhere.

Problems with my method - can anyone help to overcome them?:

1. Since Holdem Manager is checking .tmp files for the hands, the longer a table is open, the more dupe hands are in each .tmp file, and the longer it takes to import. Is there a way to delete the hand histories from each .tmp file as they've been processed?

2. Since no hand history files are ever actually created, is there a way to use the new FTP HUD with data from my observed hands? Is there a HUD compatible with HM? (If not, you can add me to the growing list of people clamoring for your HUD!).

Thanks for any assistance. After trying Holdem Manager, it would be real tough to return to PT, with its excruciatingly slow import speed, just to get a HUD.

Cheers, Carl.