View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Conjecture and Question

Seems to me it's not that simple a model if you start considering the extreme possibilities. Yes, if you take the premise that more chips == less value per chip initially, that answers your question, but I think there is perhaps an effect where the more chips you acquire, the slower thr rate of value drop is.

Example:
10,000 chips, and chips are worth 1 unit each
20,000 chips, and chips are worth .9 unit each
30,000 chips, and chips are worth .8 units each? I doubt it (and that's without taking into account the use a good player can put a big stack to).

It's like a ski-slope graph perhaps, where the chip-value drop is fastest as you move upwards from 10K, but the chip-value drop starts to decelerate and then plateau the more and more you get.

Is there a point where you have so many chips you can just all-in with every hand and beat the field to death with that? (not necessarily by winning that much, but by inducing an all-or-nothing game from opponents, and eliminating players/allowing slightly bigger stacks to build, which you'll suck out eventually anyway...)? It certainly happens in STTs sometimes.

Maybe. And at that point the chips may even start appreciating in value, as the brute-force of your play draws the money to you, or to others who'll end up giving it to you...

At that point you've got a sort of bathtub effect in terms of chip value, with a big drop/rise at each end of the scale, and a valleyed plateau in the middle.

This is all stream-of-consciousness speculation though, and is probably way off beam. I'll think on it more, and return about it.

EDIT: Yes, I realise this doesn't address your questions at all.