View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is some merit to the unit cohesion issue. I think the gay general asking if the candidates believed that gays could serve "professionally" in the military was valid.

An openly flaming gay "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY" soldier/sailor likely would impact unit cohesion and morale.

A professional soldier/sailor that happens to be gay I'm sure would be fine and 99% of folks wouldn't have an issue with it.

I just don't think the military wants the headache of having to deal with the "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY" flaming gays so they choose to keep all of them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Would there also be merit to keeping racists out the military? How about muslims? Or just people who are generally annoying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have an opinion on gays in the military or gay marriage etc, to me its just minutae and to decide a presidential election on those issues is ludicrous. Hell, there were at least 3 guys in my basic training unit that proclaimed the virtues of sheep as partners.

However, the obvious rebuttal to "racists, muslims, generally annoying" is that sexuality is the most primal urge we have, and it is likely to be far more disruptive than opinions.