View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: A preflop jungle - Spew/Genius/Meh?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I limp utg with 77 with blinds at 75/150. I chose to do this with the intention of just calling a raise not to reraise as I felt I had a pretty good feel of the table and was happy to play a medium pot oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you limped with the intention of calling a raise because you're happy to play 77 out of position in a pot that will be >1/3 the size of your stack. Your feel for the table must have been pretty god damn good!

I don't really like the iso-shove in this spot but I don't hate it nearly as much as the logic you applied to your initial plan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I don't mind the limp so much as the plan behind it. It's not great here, but neither is raising or folding.

The idea with limping this type of hand is to decide based on the situation whether to reraise, call, or fold to a raise. Planning on limp/calling this shallow is bad.

Also, with the raise and push, there is an excellent chance you have the best hand, but this is a bad situation, and you should fold. The purpose of the limp is to allow you flexibility. You only have 1xBB invested, so get out.