View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Tough spot with a strong hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a call the first time. It's pretty close combo wise but this smells more like a flush to me than a Q. The wait until the river to raise with a flush thing is weird but it's gotten popular for some reason, and I think it's a little out of character for this guy to pop KQ/QT or worse on this river.

I'd fold to the cap the second time. You're never good when he caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement. If you cant 3bet/fold safely then I wouldnt 3bet to begin with. Since everyone on these forums knows how much I "love" 3bet/folding, I wouldve just called the river raise. I realize that based on handreading/logic it appears you still have the nuts when the villain raises the river, but this guy looks like a bad/mediocre player and these guys dont necessarily play well/logically. Not only can this type of player still have a flush on the river, but he can also have T9s here and QJ. If you were playing this hand vs a 2+2er Entity, you would have the nuts on the river almost every time, and in that case I would like the river 3bet, but against a mediocre/bad player I would call the river raise.