View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Atlantic City Lodging suggestions

I just got back from Atlantic City today, I stayed at the Ramada Limited on Black Horse Pike and it was fine, clean, fine service. I brought a laptop with me and mentioned the desire for internet access when I checked in and they gave me a room change to a room that could get a good wireless signal without having to go to the office area.

The one issue with that room was that it was apparently on the opposite end of the hotel from the water heater(s). The hotel was virtually empty during the week and I had to turn the hot water on for 20 minutes or so before showering to get hot water flowing to my room.

I actually don't remember the rate b/c I got an Expedia package deal including a flight/car/hotel. I paid $1050 for the entire thing though which seems extraordinarily good to me(round trip flight from Atlanta to Atlantic City Intl, 7 day hotel stay, 7 day Budget mid-size rental). There was a sign posted out front mentioning a $58/night rate.

I'll be going back again in January and will likely call the Ramada and Howard Johnson I've seen get good reviews here and just see which one gets me the best rate.