View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Pot the flop, or wait for turn?

Weekly 2/5 PLO8. I post the BB, and after several limpers, the button raises to $15. He is not a particularly good player, either pre or post-flop. I call, perhaps not smartly so, with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players take the flop.

Board come as T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I know this flop will be bet in at least one spot, so I check. One good player bets $30, gets two callers, including the button.

My thoughts as this point: most likely no one else has the nut straight. Possibly, someone has lower straight, 2 pair or set. Definately 2 or 3 low draws, and better low draws than mine. Also, someone probably has a better flush draw than I do.

Since I have two clubs my self, and the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] makes a straight flush, I figure I have a little bit of a block on a flush draw, and hope to either take the pot down now, or get heads up against a player where either I'm freerolling, or at least good with my low draw. So, I pot for rougly $210 more.

Somewhat surprisingly, I get two callers. Doh! The board pairs the T on the turn, and I decided to just move my last $240 into the pot. Again, two callers. River is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and I scoop.

So, back to the title of the post. Normally, I like to wait for a turn card in this situation before getting deep into the pot. I'm looking for opinions, so, sound away!