Thread: Bans
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Bans

You are going to have a tough time taking on a bear with a knife, but it's a helluva lot better than using your bare hands.

Talking to posters just does not work on a macro-scale without some kind of threat that a mod can actually do something. That may be fine for the strat forums, but BBV4l probably has 80 regular posters...OOT maybe 150. There is just no way. We're not guidance counselors. This is coming from a mod who has a lot of personal relationships with people in his former forum(bbv4l) and has tried to lead by example. If anything I think we are being too soft on regular posters as it is.

And making a standardized system is going to take away autonomy from mods to run their forums the way we want to run them. Dids is going to run his forum much differently than Nick B., and neither is better or worse. Fitting all forums in a cookie-cutter mold point system is not really ideal. It might work for the big obvious stuff like spamming and profanity filter use, but that's about all I can see.

I do like the idea of not letting certain people start threads though.