View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Frustrated Poker Players on ESPN

Yep - Moneynmaker looks like such a chump. He reminds me of someone who thinks their good at a sport - like golf - so they constantly throw their clubs after every bad shot. He acts like winning the ME automatically makes him a great poker player, when the fact is he was not a very good player before the ME, and he's not all that much better now. His looks of disgust at his play, the cards, his opponents, is just anything BUT what you would see from a great player.

Maybe there is a psychological thing that happens to ME winners that makes them behave so badly. Maybe it's just hard to re-baseline your game after you go on a phenomenal luckbox ride. Maybe Gold just can't go abck to solid poker because he's been re-wired to think he's great and can just will his stack to grow to 10 million by the second day.

Moneymaker doesn't look to happy either. His attitude should be "wow, I actually won the WSOP ME - unreal - I'm set for life - I can try to get good at poker, but everything is icing on the cake from now on." Instead, he looks like he stays awake at night wondering how many people think he was fluke and how he can prove them wrong.