Thread: chiropractors
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: chiropractors

Well, I'll be the pro chiropracter camp then.

I've had huge problems with my lower back, so bad that I was hardly able to stand up after a night's sleep. I went to two doctors and two other physical therapeuts and they couldn't do anything other than pump me full with pain killers and tell me how to lift stuff up properly.

I finally went to see a chiropracter about it. My father had some chiropracter he would drive 500 miles to go and see back in the day, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Apart from the more general things he advised which the other professionals also advised (like lying position, posture things, the way I pick up stuff, etc) he was also able to get rid of my back pain in just two sessions. No painkillers involved.

He also corrected some weird misalignment that I had due to a previous injury that happened 4 years prior to my visit. None of the other professionals even spotted that.
That misalignment was basically that while lying straight on my back, I could turn my feet to the left only to about a 30-40 degree angle, to the right I was able to turn them to around 70ish. I've never even noticed that before.
Now the weird part happened, he just pressed some points around my shoulders, and neck while telling my how to breath. Weird stuff.
After that I was able to turn my feet in both directions tothe same angle. Now that is witchcraft. Don't ask me how that worked, but it worked for me. Even if it's purely psychological, I don't mind getting rid of the problems that way.