View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: One pair on a flushy board, somewhat deep

As always a great post from DJ. Although i'm not sure I agree w/ 3-betting QJ - though I can see the arguments for doing so, as villain is probably rarely raising w/ AJ/KJ (but occassionally they do).

Other than I agree w/ DJ. In this situation against someone who is so aggro (4.4 AF), a large part of his range is draws. And on this particular board, its hard for him to have a big combo draw. I mean, he could have Ah2h, and we are basically flipping. But we are in good shape again all other flush draws w/ our overpairs - so we might as well bump it up.

On the other hand, if you had QQ, and the board was 8h-9h-2s, then there are A LOT of combo draws/2pair/etc that we aren't thrilled to be stacking off w/. In that case, i'd call and then lead a "safe" turn (usually, any non-heart J/10/7/6) against most villains.

As for A-7, i'd usually just muck the flop. I guess against this guy, a case can be made for calling - but if likes to keep firing all kinds of turn cards, you are in a really blah spot.