View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Teach me how to play KK

Villain in this hand is a LAG, but he's not an idiot.

I have been playing relatively tight up to this point in the game, so a raise to 15 in EP is indicating a real hand - he certainly knows this.

But I guess my decision was more based on the following: villain has 3-bet PF a couple times already, but in all cases the raise was much smaller - usually just a min-raise or a pop to ~40. I had seen him 3-bet PF OOP and then fold to a 4-bet all-in. Pretty bad play, IMO, as he claimed to have QJs there.

But in this spot, his 3-bet was significantly higher than before - indicating to me that he's be happy to get it in here. It felt like AA, KK, QQ, or AK at the minimum - we can throw in JJ as well to be fair - I was 50/50 about pushing it in PF but decided to call and reevaluate on the flop.

The flop of Q44 was interesting - I was either way behind his AA/QQ here or way ahead of his AK/JJ. He quickly went all-in, with a lot of confidence - and decided to even pick up his hand and flash it to the rest of the table (I was on his immediate right). To me, this represented huge strength- likely AA, b/c I can't see why he would blow me off any hand if he had flopped the boat. I thought for a few minutes, still knowing that my hand could have very possibly been good - and I actually heard one of the players at the far side of the table say 'he's got to be good unless [i] am holding pocket queens' to his neighbor.

Obviously, this sealed the deal, I folded, asked if he'd show, then flipped up the KK (to ooh's and aah's of the table).

Obviously I didn't divulge all of this in the original post - I wanted to show some of the merits of playing live [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fwiw i turned the 200 dollar freeroll i had left into just over 600 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]