View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Still trying not to be giddy. The only small fear I have is maybe a team like the Eagles or Patriots. Short passes are easily completed against the Bears and you can chip and chop down the field if you are very patient, don't mind getting killed everytime you complete a pass and manage not to make a mistake that gets picked off. I'm also pretty sure that you can confuse the hell out of Grossman with a very complicated blitz package.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bears @ Pats later in the season should be a good game. The Bears are clearly better right now...but as I've maintained for a while I think the Pats offense will be peaking later in the season. The Patriots also have a great and underrated OLine (and a great blocking TE in Graham) who are one of the few lines that could compete with the Bears front 4.

re: the complicated blitz schemes, I think you only see Belicheck get really tricky against QB's who have only seen the blitz packages on film. In the 2004 wins against the Colts, they played fairly vanilla b/c they know Peyton can read and adjust extremely well. Carson Palmer, on the other hand, was completely befuddled by the Pats 4-2-Nickel, and couldn't even explain to the media what went on.