View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Setting up a Canadian proxy server

[ QUOTE ]
BPN,

Regarding trying to spoof one of the banned sites with a VPN, isn't it the case that at least with party which is the most aggressive in intrusion on a customer's computer, that a person using a VPN solution as you advocate would also have to start with a fresh machine? I was under the impression that they collected machine specific info to identify you like your mobo or hdd serial number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't researched the specific info Party stores, but you are correct to a large extent. If you uninstall Party, then reinstall and create a new acct, your machine will still be known to Party as being previously used under your old acct.

I've seen a HowTo for complete removal of Party Poker, but can't remember if it was on 2+2 or not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I'm too busy answering PM's from a Zoo post to check now....and I'll soon be going zzz, but tomorrow I'll try to search for the "Party cleansing ritual" if nobody else comes up w/ the howto link.

edit: BTW: thanks for pointing that out...some people I've been talking to will definitely need that info, and I hadn't considered a prior install.