View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

trainee accountant...anyone i know who has gone into has hated it. 2 reasons why im doing it: the annoyance of having my parents go on and on and on and on and on at me about not getting a career job (already took a gap year between school and university and did a 4 year degree). plus the security of knowing that if i work well ill end financially secure, whereas with online poker there is that added risk (but then massive added return of relative freedom)

but having said that, no jokes, i think i've been playing the best poker of my life this last week, i genuinely think ive now got a style which can win at 2-4nl to 5-10nl. am really pleased, although pissssed off i spent the last 10 weeks not playing like this.

anyways, last day of sept, having told myself never to play above 2-4nl, i see some good tables at 3-6nl. [censored] it, lets try it. within ten mins im over $1k down and wanting to jump through a window. grind it back at 3-6nl and 5-10nl. recovered to $200 up, was $1600 down in ev all in before river.

argh, first time since late may all i've wanted to do is play poker. if i was living by myself (no parents) right now i'd be playing 18 hours a day i think. worrying i know, but to end 2ptbb/100 80k hand spell and to know im not a long term small winning player is a massive relief.

gl all.