View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Why PokerTracker Is Worthless To Me

I finally downloaded the PokerTracker demo for Omaha. Impressive instant results, but I have a major problem here.

Why is it that the maker of this software, or any for that matter, assume that you either play hold em, OR omaha, OR stud/razz? It's bad enough I'm expected to buy 3 programs to track these things, but even if I did, I would have no idea how to separate my tournament summaries to the different programs. I just did a sample with the demo, using a last100 tournaments email from Stars, and instead of ignoring non-omaha tournaments, it took anything not recognized and made it Limit Omaha Hi.

I just want to track my performance in tournaments. I don't need 400,000,000 hand histories. I want to chart HORSE, Razz, PLO8, O8, and the occasional hold em game. With what everyone says is the gold standard of record keeping, PokerTracker, I can't come close to doing this.

I downloaded Tournament Tracker, and in that world, no one plays anything but hold em.

I have to finally conclude that the program I want does not exist and I had better figure out how to make a database on my own. The closest thing I ever found was a free palm OS application where you could enter your own fields for game. I now have an old database in my PDA that I don't know how to extract data from, and 38 pages of one-line text notes of tournaments I did in my own shorthand to enter into a decent database down the road. I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Just venting. Anyone else in a similar predicament?