View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Default New Job Question

Alright, so as most of you know i used to work for Blockbuster and now i have officially left them for Sears. I had my first day today. I was supposed to be training in one store, but the guy who was supposed to be training me got promoted. So they had me go to the store where i am going to work for one day to do some online training. I was like ok fine. Now they are telling me they want me to drive all the way into Garden City for 5 weeks and train there. They are offering zero money to do this and are giving me one day notice. I live all the way out on the north fork of Long Island. It kind of annoyed me that they hired me for a store in Nassau when i applied and was told i was applying for a store in Suffolk, but they offered nice money so thats fine. But now they are making me drive a ton more then i was told. I suppose i should just shut it and train and man up during the 5 weeks, but im just trying to see if anyone else would complain, ask for gas money or do anything else.

Cliff Notes: Was hired for Store A which is 30 mins away from house, was told i was training at Store B which is 20 mins away from house now on one day notice i am training at Store C which is over 100 minutes away, do i have a right or reason to complain?