View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong here and nobody has come up with another way of doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars does.
And we've mentioned many different ways of doing it in this thread.
They include communicating better with the player involved and not blowing them off.
And in situations where they probably were NOT actually waiting for charge-backs they should conduct the investigation more quickly and shouldn't give time-frames that aren't even close to what they intend on doing.

Telling her they are suspicious of her activity and are investigating whether or not she is using a bot is not going to compromise their investigation imo.
Telling her to just be patient and if she really didn't do anthing wrong she will get her money back is not appropriate.
Telling her to stop writing to them or they will just drag out the investigation longer is not appropriate.

Rek - the result of the investigation does not mean that you were right and everyone else was wrong.
FT still handled this pretty badly. And, in fact, I still think are continuing to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob, I would agree with you that Stars respond quicker. There will always be an industry leader in terms of customer service and with online poker Stars are tops. I have also stated that one of FTP's failures is not getting the initial timeframe correct. They need to improve this and there needs to be a system of appeal.

What I meant by this statement was that once a player is being investigated the only option is to freeze the account until the investigation is complete.

I know that you and others want the site to tell them exactly why the account is under investigation but what does this really achieve? Until the site actually complete their internal audits there is nothing you can actually do. There will be 2 outcomes; either the player is cleared and the account is unblocked or the account remains frozen. Only once the latter is known is there any point trying to defend yourself.

They replied to all her emails within 24 hours - nothing wrong here as far as I am concerned. And to be honest, if she was clogging up the enquiry with duplicate emails then she should be told that this is not helping in the speed of the investigation.

I honestly don't see that FTP handled it that bad. It could have been better I grant you.

Also I am not saying I was right and everyone else was wrong. Perhaps sillysal is innocent I really don't know but it is looking unlikely. But that really is not the point. As soon as sillysal made the post there was almost an immediate stampede of FTP haters blasting away. And all I could see was that an investigation was under way and a little time and patience was needed.

Keep comparing FTP with Stars customer service is not really the issue. Response times are quicker on Stars. My only issue is whether Stars would have investigated as fully as FTP seem to have done. Or would they have just appeased everyone?

Weeding out cheaters is something all sites need to make their highest priority. FTP are at least trying to make a stand here. As this thread shows it is costing some goodwill and indeed a substantial rake from a prolific player like sillysal.