Thread: Politics Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Politics Forum

Good luck. Once upon a time I used to try an post there and have reasonable discussions... they all turned into partisan feces slinging, so I never go in there.

Not sure about the nature of hate links, but this Lebenon/Israel thing I imagine tensions are high and there is plenty of hate to go around.

I'm encouraged that [censored] is going to take a more nuanced approach here -- a lot of people associate positions that are not thier own with "hate" -- like the inevitable accusation of any who criticizes Israeli policy as being anti-semitic, or alternately realistic depictations of terrorism as being anti-Arab/Muslim/xenophobic/whatever. I tried instilling some semblance of respectful discourse in my into polisci course... it's like herding cats.

So seriously [censored], I know we may have had beef in the past, but good luck.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
I am here because this forum is a mess and is in danger of being closed. It has been overrun by posters who consistently take the discussion to lowest possible denominator by using writing, posting links and designing polls designed not to stimulate thoughtful discussion but rather to inflame others. This will no longer be tolerated.

[/ QUOTE ]
This rocks!