View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

This is the entire original quote with my comments in black.

[ QUOTE ]
1) I'm inclined to fold. I'm not married to bottom two pair. I'm behind to a zillion things for which I would need one of my four outs to a full house, and if he has a set of 99 they aren't really outs. I would not call. My second choice would be to raise to 1000.
Why are you jumping to monsters? Do you always assume that your villian has the nuts when he raises? You may be behind to a dozen hands, but you are ahead of several hundred. If you were the villian, how would you feel about A9? Would you raise with TT? A two pair hand like this, a hand nearly invisible to your opponent, is a huge opportunity. A wide range of hands actually believe they are ahead right now. Another wide range of hands has a nice draw to the turn and would like to use their outs to give them strength and take it down now.

2) he has a str8, or overcards or 99 or bigger two pair, or a big flush draw like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].We are behind to 99,77,55,86,97,95. That happens to be 36 of a possible 1300 starting hands. And I don't think 95o is very likely.

3) plans for future streets at this point would be too speculative. Can't we assume some things? Isn't it likely that villian will bet regardless? We can have plans for various types of hands. A black 2 adds 12 more hands to be concerned about (and I don't worry much about 92 or 22 at this point). Can't we have a plan for doing something proactive on a black 2 turn?

[/ QUOTE ]