View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

[ QUOTE ]
His raise is suspect. It's either a bluff or the nuts 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Maybe 99 but I wouldn't play it that way. It could also be a weak hand that is trying to see if you were on a total bluff. I never play a hand this way, so it's hard for me to speculate. He's giving us odds to draw to so many hands even if he had any of the above hands. More than anything, it means that he's a donk. So I would be willing to play deeper into the hand against him. But for now, I'd call. Gotta goto bed. But I'll speculate some more tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't think he raises A9 here? There are a large number of hands that he doesn't believe he is bluffing with when he raises. True, there are a number of people who make this raise merely to probe whehter or not you want to go any deeper, but most people play their hands. He is trying to define his hand and yours. Let's say you are the villian and you have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. How would you play this flop? Better yet, what are 3 reasonable flop/turn strategies for playing this hand?