View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

No one min raises and expects you to fold. He very clearly expects a call here, so what does that mean?

Well, its a funky way to play a draw, since he's not exactly pricing us out. I mean I'd expect a pop to 4-500 if he were on a draw or something. Possible though, just goofy.

Some weird top pair hand? This could work, though usually with a hand like T9 he'd be raising more on this crazy board especially with so many overs that can fall. He did call a preflop raise so overpairs, big ones especially, make some sense.

Another two pair? A set? This could be ok, but again on this board I'd expect a bigger raise, or just a smooth call. Again its possible but a goofy line.

68 makes sense, but I'm obv not crediting him for the nuts just yet especially with the preflop call out of position. I guess he could also have air and be looking for weakness to pick off on the turn. If he just outright checkraised us it could be seen as a resteal and would create a big pot OOP where he's the clear strong aggressor. Not good.

The hands that make most sense here are fat overpairs, namely KK and AA. But lots of other stuff can fit. In any case, a reraise makes problems and if he has one of these hands, a scare card will slow you BOTH down. And if a blank hits, all the easier to stack him. So as everyone has said I'd call and rasie most turns.

Everett