View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

alright, i was asking if it was a gimmick not cause i wanted to make fuun of you, just i didnt want to type up a response if it was a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
To me, the small check-raise suggests a strong draw, an over-pair, or a complete bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! What is bad about this scenario? We are ahead, and we have position.

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, I only see two options: push all-in or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push will get some hands we beat (one pair hands mediocre draws maybe an overpair) to fold. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, but we'd rather have them in there heads up with us, giving us more chips. Also, hands taht beat us, will call, so there arent really any positives.

And folding, ,you said the hands you put the guy on, and we're ahead of them, why would we fold?

[ QUOTE ]
it could be quite vulnerable to a heart or even an overcard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we get to see what he does on the future streets, we can make more decision when the heart comes, or the turn blanks. And we can't be playing scared of 'an overcard' if he's drawing to 3 outs we should fold?

[ QUOTE ]
At this early stage of the tournament, the most important thing I can do is to survive. I just don't see the point in putting everything at risk on this one hand, even if we have the best hand right now. If villian has a heart draw, there is about a one-in-three chance that this will be the last hand. If villian has an overpair, there is at least a one-in-four chance that this will be our last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKA. ~75% of time we'll have double up. That's awesome and we'll be in great shape for a while. This isn't a gamble, Villain is the one 'gambling' here, we're just getting value out of our hands. If we don't do this where do you draw the line?