View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg am i going crazy or do tv pros suck at HU? i just watched afew episodes of "national HU championship" on pokertube, and the quantity of button limping made me weep. the commentator made me laugh when he criticises someone for raising a medium strength hand on their button (todd brunson perhaps? cant remember too tired), saying they should have limped it.

also, i know its easy to say when you can see the cards, but i saw some horrible calls.

anyone else watch this who can explain to me why they do not have a huge button limping sized fundamental flaw in their play style? i know button limping can be fine, but not when villain is supposedly world class surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, some of them suck. Watch the final if you haven't already - I mean there are some ridicolous plays. I also love how every TV commentator always says at any show that any ace OOP is a HUUUUUGE hand HU. I hope that a lot of my opponents listen to these commentators.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all SO bad. I've played maybe half a dozen on FTP and had a massive edge on all of them. The best was probably Keith Sexton, although I was not nearly the player I am now when I played him.

To give props to the few that aren't clueless, Paul Wasicka is pretty damn good and of course Phil Ivey is absolutely amazing.