View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL beatable? (foxwoods)

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just reply to the original post and say yes, the 1-2 at FW is unquestionably easily beatable. The key is making sure you play at the right tables. There are truly horrendous players who literally give their money away, and they more than make up for the time charge. Keep in mind variance can occur though, and if you play right(betting enough to maximize value, correctly calling big bets, etc.), you need a bigger br than you might think. I'm currently on a 800 bb downswing, but still beating the game for 8bb/hr over 375 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll echo what Bill (iirc) said that FW 1/2 is very table dependent. By this, I don't mean that the game is ever tough or unbeatable, but that some tables are WAY more profitable than others. In my experience (way less hours than WMB's, as I find 1/2 dull), the best tables include 2 or more people at the table with full buy-ins who will stack off WAY light and are therefore giving you insane implied odds to set-mine and chase less obvious draws (which basically means anything but a flopped 4 flush).

If I flop a couple sets and/or turn a couple straights at a LHE game, I'll be off to a nice start. Do so at the right 1/2 table, I'll be up 2-4 buyins. For me, that's the only time when 1/2 is really, really fun-- when a couple players are giving such great implied odds that I can play hands a TAG wouldn't usually be caught dead with. I think the most memorable hand of my year was stacking some poor soul for almost 2 buy-ins with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]