View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: My TAG graph - Want to see LAG graph 25 VPIP+ full ring

I'm glad you posted that, it was interesting!

Frankly, I don't know/don't care about whether I am TAG or LAG, I just try to be opportunistic, but against calling stations usually raising for value is right, not bluffing.

However, I am a very aggressive player, and am often 'perceived' as looser, than the normal somewhat Rocky TAG types. So frankly on the TAG/LAG labels, I dont' care! I think Opportunistic or Selective is better adjective than tight-loose, certainly I test folders as well as value bet.

Anyway, my figures come out similar. I have seen flat spots, weird games where I had to totally adjust play (away from SSHE) and all sorts.

In general in long run, >10bb/100 and fluctuations no greater than 200bb.

Most of the players, who were too loose in my view, probably style themselves as LAGs (rather than bluffy fish) noticeably would have a half-life of a few months.

Not many of the 'skilled' players, played any looser than SSHE suggested, but obviously everyone avoided tight games, but looked for fishy loose games.

Fact is, Poker even FL poker is situational, so what do stats mean? It's how you play relevant to the games you face that matters, and loosening up or tightening up can both be correct.