Thread: Razz Heads Up
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Razz Heads Up

OK, when you post a HH don't put your opponent's hole cards in. If your hand history includs them, take them out. When you played this, you couldn't see his cards, so the discussion has to be about what anyone, (me, someone else here) would do if they played it. I'll give it a try:

[ QUOTE ]

Tournament - Razz (15/30), Ante 2, Bring-In 5 (converter)

Seat 1: 1,500
Hero: 1,500

3rd Street - (0.27 SB)

Vil 1: XX: XX: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering, since you have this nice playable hand (8s are not so good in ring games, but HU this is very strong) if you might have gone ahead and completed the bring-in? If he has a marginal stealing hand, like (K9)4, he'll fold right there, very likely. If he doesn't and he reraises, you can get some information, like maybe he has something better than an 8. Right now, you can only assume he has at least two good cards.

[ QUOTE ]
4th Street - (2.27 SB)

Vil 1: XX: XX: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you can be pretty sure he also has a decent starting hand, when he calls a brick here, I'd start thinking he has something better than an 8 for his high card.

[ QUOTE ]
5th Street - (2.13 BB)

Vil 1: XX: XX: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what someone else would say, but I'm not jamming here. You have a made 9 and an 8 draw. His 7 draw, assuming he really has this, is an odds favorite on this street. I'm calling the raise - but not reraising.

[ QUOTE ]
6th Street - (10.13 BB)

Vil 1: XX: XX: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

[/ QUOTE ]I think you are a technical favorite now, but if he hits his hand, even if you improve yours, you cannot beat him. I'm still keeping the pot small and just calling. My way is not everyone's way or necessarily the best way.

[ QUOTE ]
River - (18.13 BB)

Vil 1: XX: XX: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] XX:bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

[/ QUOTE ]So, you didn't improve, the opponent has been real aggressive without a hand, so I'd expect him to bluff-bet the river or even think maybe you have a J or Q in the hole and I'd call. I wouldn't expect to win it, but I'd call it figuring I'm 50/50.

I am personally not a fan of uber aggression unless I've got a pretty big edge and know it. Razz has a LOT of variance, within a game or trny and through a poker life. I'm a fan of limiting that. Hopefully, some of the better players will chime in and give you another perspective.

Welcome to Razz.

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot 604

Vil 1: [6d 5c 4h Qd 7h Jh As] (Lo: 7,6,5,4,A)

</font>