View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Anti-depressants

[ QUOTE ]
I went to my doctor due to my insomnia and after discussing life and what not with him for 20 mins he decides to give me Paxil for anxiety, vs. sleeping pills. I was like, um ok whatever, I just want to sleep! They are AWESOME for sleeping, always knocks me out in about 20 mins.

After reading this thread it actually dawned on me that my lack of sexual desire that started about 6 months ago coincides with the time I started taking the Paxil. Sigh.

Hmmm...sleep or sex??

That reminds me, I need another refill. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Paxil worked well for depression and I took it for a while. It does sedate and squash sexual drive. It can also be a cause of weight gain. For a while that was worth it for the relief of the depression without the anxiety.

The Wellbutrin, which I recently started gives a boost, like a strong cup of coffee-not the best for sleep-but not the over the top anxiety. Sexual drive is back and I lost the weight I gained and then some. I need to get a few new things as my pre-paxil stuff is too big. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am curious T, why not take a sleeping pill like Lunesta or Ambien? There are really no side effects to those if you are only needing to relieve insomnia.