View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Study Group Day 1

[ QUOTE ]
Ooooh! I get now! Wow, I had never realize before that by betting again, the other player actually put more of the required money for us to get even [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
But would it make a difference if, let says, as in your example, he would bet less than the 15.50$ required to get even after the flop call ???

Do we have to add this amount (the negative difference between the amount required to get even and the amount he bet) to the amount required to get even or is it irrelevant ?
Like if he would bet $11 into the $33 turn pot instead of $16.50. (Although that would give us better pot odds which could balance it out in the end, am I right or wrong?)

Thanks for all your insights and help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general a new street means a new situation. Did your draw come in? Then you need to be thinking about how to get enough money in the pot to make the previous call profitable. Did you miss your draw? Then what happened in previous streets doesn't matter since you don't have a hand that needs paid off anyway. You are instead thinking about whether or not you can keep drawing profitably or not.

To illustrate this a bit further, lets say that you assumed UTG would bet a blank turn but instead he checks. Now how much more do you need to make off of UTG to make the flop call profitable? If you check behind, the answer is none. The odds of hitting your straight with two cards to come are 2.18:1, and villain offered you 3:1 pot odds to call. Different street, different situation.