View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Any Gamers? WoW Membership Site Idea

I want to thank the people that responded in this thread and through pms. It has been about an even split of people that think this could work and the rest saying it would work for a newer game.

This is what I did to test the market:

I bought a domain name. Setup a squeeze type page offering a bonus if they they opted in. I setup a 7 day autoresponder emailing my list and preselling them to some WOW guides I found on clickbank.

PPC was used to generate traffic. I had some very broad keywords. I didn't care because it was just a test to see if this is a market I should invest my time and money in. I did this over the weekend.

Ended up spending about $148. I sold 5 ebooks ($75 commission) and had a little over 100 opt ins. This was over a 2 day period. I knew it would be a losing campaign but that wasn't the point. With some keyword research I could make this a profitable campaign.

What my test told showed was that even with all of the WoW forums, gamers are still interested in paying to get more information.

Several posts suggested that I would have more luck trying to setup a site for newer released games. What some people don't understand is that competition is a good thing.

It looks like I might be moving forward with this. I still need some gamers that will be interested in helping. Let me know. Also any sugggestions are appreciated.