View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: **uNL Concept of the week: Week 5, Reverse Implied Odds**

[ QUOTE ]
I got a great RIO hand that I posted this past week.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $124.8
UTG: $49.75
BTN: $142.65
SB: $74.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K ($0.75, 4 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, BTN calls $9

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q 7 9 ($24.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q 7 9 [T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($84.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> Q 7 9 T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($84.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, BTN calls $20

I'm OOP, over 200bb deep, and facing a large pot on a drawy board. The general consesus was to shove the flop over the raise (thanks to my maniac image), as I'm probably ahead now, and prevents dealing with bad turns and rivers and RIO.
The way I played it, left me stuggling with the board. River was a blocker, cause I don't think he raises without the goods, and I don't wanna get bluffed off my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be results oriented, but I not curious as to what hand calls your $20 river bet that would not raise you. I am having difficulty putting villain on a hand that he calls such a be RR PF, raises the flop and then only calls a less than 1/4 PSB on the river. AA? KK? Can't be a busted draw.