View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Car Insurance Thread

Hey guys,

I just renewed my car insurance policy and was pretty stoked to save like 150 bucks over the next 6 months. I thought it would be really helpful to be able to see a range of what people driving record is like/what state they live in/what their car insurance company/rates are as we dump an assload of money into car insurance every year.

I got into an accident when i turned 16(9 years ago). Swerved to miss someone coming at me head on and ended up flying between 2 trees, landing in the ditch and shockingly no one was hurt(witnesses said they thought we would all be dead). Ive gotten 2-3 tickets but those are all off my record now. So officially, my record is "clean", in that the state of California has assigned me 0 points.

2 years ago I was insured through Mercury Insurance, I paid 830/6 months. Last year I switched to esurance and paid 692/6 months. When I just turned 25 last month I was told that my car insurance rates would plummet. So i called esurance to see if I would get a discount. They informed me that all of their rates were going up, so that while I would be getting a "discount" my rates would be going up. After this, I called a bunch of places(geico, progressive, etc) and geico ended up being by far the cheapest at 510/6months. I am pretty stoked about this, but at the same time I have always found it a bit troubling that the state forces us to have insurance and the rates are generally so insanely high. It seems like theyre kind of subsidizing the insurance companies with this law, no?

Coverages:
Bodily Injury Liability(BI) $100,000 / $300,000

Property Damage Liability(PD) $50,000

Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist $100,000 / $300,000

Comprehensive(COMP) $500 deductible

Collision(COLL) $500 deductible