Default Re: Forget NFL network.. ARIZONA ST @ USC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even though college system has a good track record i'm not sure how you can argue playoff wouldn't be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you bring that up because he has shown an inclination towards that position?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damaniac- I mostly agree, except that the NCAAF system produces the best team as the champion way more often than any other system

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USC is on the phone. They want their diploma back.

[/ QUOTE ]
i must still be drunk. i have no idea what you're saying

[/ QUOTE ]

Post season tournaments crown champions, not act as guarantor of rewarding the best team.

But, AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART: asserting that the NCAA's system is better at celebrating the best team than the post season tournaments of other sports is not an argument the NCAA's system is "better" than a playoff at crowning a champion or that the NCAA works better than a playoff might in every instance at determining the best team. I don't know that from that quoted post that damaniac prefers the current system at all-- I'd guess he doesn't.

The second problem is that your cause celebre for argument has evolved/emerged late in an ongoing argument... but that's another kettle of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure i agree. nfl regular season is much better than ncaa at determining best team b/c ncaa has too much conference play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you agree or disagree and why about the best method for determining the best team is a non-sequitor*. Start there. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure you are the one who brought a discussion of NCAA playoffs into this conversation-- and not as a response to those arguing against one.

* Although it might make for a more interesting conversation.